- 6 -
• Should the clothing care instructions forbid iro-
ning, (Symbol ), the clothing item may not be
ironed. If you do so, the clothing item could be
• The water tank is to be filled exclusively with
mains or distilled water. You will otherwise da-
mage the steam iron.
• You may not clean the steam iron with solvents,
alcohol or abrasive cleaning agents. These
could damage it.
Before the First Use
• Remove the steam iron from the packaging.
• Remove all protective coverings and protective
foils from the steam iron and from the ironing
Risk of asphyxiation!
Plastic bags can be dangerous. To avoid the risks of
asphyxiation, keep plastic bags out of the reach of
toddlers and small children.
• Pour water into the water tank (see chapter
"Filling the water tank").
• Connect the steam iron with the cable base 8
and with the station q (see chapter "Instructions
• Insert the plug into a wall power socket supply-
ing an electrical current as detailed on the rating
• Place the temperature regulator 7 into the posi-
• Heat the steam iron up for several minutes at this
• Remove the steam iron from the station q
(see chapter “Tips for utilisation”).
• Press the button for the steam blast 5 a few ti-
mes such that steam exits from the ironing sole e.
• Then iron a piece of material that is no longer
required, to remove possible contamination from
the ironing sole e.
Tips for utilisation
In addition to the typical utilisation with a cable,
you can also separate the steam iron from the cable
base 8 for a short period to iron textiles which are
not located close to an electrical power socket.
To separate the steam iron from the cable base 8:
• Place the steam iron, with the cable base 8
engaged, onto the station q. The unlocking
switch 0 must be in the position .
• Slide the unlocking switch 0 into the
position . The steam iron now allows itself
to be lifted off. The cable base 8 remains
combined with the station q.
As the steam iron cannot be heated up without the
cable base 8, you can only work for a short period
without the cable base 8. Reconnect the steam iron
with the cable base 8 as soon as the steam blast
or the ironing quality diminishes.
To reconnect the steam iron with the cable base 8:
• Insert the steam iron into the cable base 8
connected to the station q. Slide the unlocking
switch 0 to . You can now lift the steam
iron with the cable base 8 from the station q.
Should you wish to secure the steam iron to the
station q, for safekeeping for example, slide the un-
locking switch 0 with the preplaced steam iron to .
The steam iron can now no longer be removed from
the station q.
IB_77153_SDBK2200A1_LB3_FI_SE_DK.qxp 12.07.2012 15:32 Uhr Seite 6